Monday, May 30, 2016

Opinions

Tonight I deactivated my Facebook account. Actually I had Daniel do it and change my password so I can't come back to it anytime I want. I've been thinking about doing it for awhile, but tonight when I got on there I was shocked at how mean people are to each other because they disagree with their opinions. All I saw was bullies being mean to each other because they weren't living their lives and believed the same way the other does. With all of this same gender bathroom stuff going on I see two clear sides. One side thinks it's okay and the other doesn't, and both sides are mean to each other. I do believe that both sides are entitled to their opinions. Everyone is, on all things. But that doesn't mean you can tear others down and be mean. This goes for all controversial things going on in the world right now. I saw people I love post mean things about those who didn't believe the same way as them. I saw people I love harshly quiet other peoples opinions that were different than their own. I saw those I love posting things that mock others for being different than them. It broke my heart to see people I love, respect, and look up to post these things. I realized Facebook is just an open forum to emotionally beat other people up with your opinion. So Facebook got the boot. I know in the end there is no way to truly avoid this. There will always be those who can't seem to accept that just because you have an opinion it doesn't mean you get to tell others theirs are wrong. But I can try and this is my first step towards that.

1 comment:

  1. I completely get this. And it's so frustrating. But just keep posting pictures of your adorable children on instagram please and thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete