Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday










 I think Easter is my favorite holiday. It's always sunny, it's in the spring, and it's all about Christ and all that he sacrificed for us. In preparation for Easter this year I wasn't sure how much to put into the Easter bunny and baskets and such. I knew that I wanted to do all the fun things involved Easter though. Then I stumbled upon some ideas in the March issue of the friend on how to create a Christ centered Easter. So Easter morning we the kids got their Easter baskets (stickers and M&Ms, possibly lame but they're still little so whatever) and they got their Easter outfits and we went to church. After Easter dinner we did an Easter egg hunt for Lincoln. In the eggs I put things that helped tell the story of Christs resurrection and on egg was empty to symbolize the empty tomb. It was such a spiritual experience watching Daniel and Lincoln open each egg and talk about each item. I am so grateful for the atonement and that Christ was willing to die so my family could be together forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment